Renovations ongoing, such as at Playa Linda Beach Resort
Aruba has been under a ferocious construction boom in the last few years, and it continues to go on. The construction can be divided in four parts: condos, retail spaces, renovations and expansion.
In the last few years condos – announcements- and planned communities started popping out left and right. After most announcements, construction soon followed. Following is a quick update on some projects.
- Oceania condo at Eagle Beach continues to build the final phases which are in very advanced stages. Furthermore, Oceania beefed up its sales efforts with by hanging a rather large banner outside the fence.
- Pearl Condo near Eagle Beach is in the final stages and is expected to open within a few months.
- Acqua condo near Palm Beach is in the midst in the construction. Acqua, too, hung rather large banners to stimulate sales.
- The Cliff condo hasn’t started yet. The Cliff is another project of the same developers at Oceania. The sales office at The Cliff has since been closed. I don’t expect this one to start any time soon.
- The Sand’s condo was one of the first condos to be announced a few years ago, but apart from building an office, not much has happened since.
- Gold Coast Villas planned community continues to develop nicely.
- Tierra del Sol gold community continues to develop houses. It also announced a luxury development Anabui.
- Divi Residences is currently being developed at Divi Links Golf Course.
It seems the construction of retail spaces, has taken over the baton from condos. Construction of several shopping centers has been delivered. By the way, most projects are located in the Palm Beach area. An update.
- South Beach Centre is a two floor food and clothing retail shopping center near Radisson Resort located in Palm Beach. Apart from minor details and parking South Beach is almost finished.
- The Village center is a small shopping project near Radisson Resort. It, too, is practically finished and needs to finalize minor details and parking.
- Near The Mill retail spaces are getting a makeover and paved parking. Previously the parking was on dirt road.
- Palm Beach Plaza shopping center, near already finished Paseo Herencia shopping center, is in its final stages.
Renovations & Expansions
The last few years several resort have announced, started and completed renovations.
- Divi All Inclusive is renovating several suites and construction is in ongoing.
- Divi Phoenix is expanding and is adding 4 additional time share towers and restaurants.
- The Westin completed a multimillion renovation.
- The Mill Resort is in the final stages of the ground-renovations.
- Hyatt recently wrapped up a multimillion all out renovation.
- Playa Linda is renovating around the grounds.
- Marriott Resort just announced the finalization of its multimillion renovations.
- The Aruban Resorts renovation is ongoing and it’s looking very good.
- La Cabana is currently renovating the south wing.
- Paradise Beach Villas had minor renovations around the lobby.