Renaissance’s Seaport Casino
Renaissance is a franchise chain owned by Marriott Corporation and in Aruba is operated by local Meta Corp. This company has several business interests in Aruba and elsewhere in the Caribbean. The predominance in Aruba is in the hospitality however.
Meta Corp’s hospitality interests are among other:
- Renaissance Resort – Marina Hotel (18 years and above) & Ocean Suites (timeshare)
- Seaport Casino – small casino by the water
- Seaport Market Place – mall with low profile stores and restaurants
- Renaissance Marina – port for recreational ships
- Renaissance Conference Center
- Renaissance Island – private island for Renaissance guests
- Renaissance Mall – mall with high profile stores and restaurants
- Crystal Casino – large casino, open 24 hours
- The Cinemas – modern movie theaters (locations at Seaport Market Place and Paseo Herencia)
Renaissance Marina Hotel is convenient and has all the important facilities. Renaissance Mall is down in the lobby, there are several restaurants, Crystal Casino and Crystal Theater to mention a few. Access to Renaissance Island is complementary for guests. The major negative at this resort is the daily traffic in front. Previously this was the Sonesta Resort.
Renaissance Ocean Suites is the timeshare unit of Renaissance Aruba. Ocean Suites is easier accessible and there is plenty of parking. The mall and casino are conveniently located at walking distance. This resort has its own beach, though not natural. Previously this was Harbour Town and Sonesta Suites.